New Zealanders, like people in many countries, love to have a crack at live dealer casino games. While some of the types of live casino games that you can play in the twin-island nation are limited, there are still more than enough live dealer options out there to suffice.
Generally speaking, New Zealand casinos won’t offer every developer’s software. NetEnt’s live casino games are not always available, for instance, and you will not find Playtech’s range there. However, the primary providers of these games – such as Ezugi, Evolution Gaming and VIVO Gaming – have little to no difficulty getting their games over to online casinos which accept players in the Oceanic country.
New Zealand’s laws specifically state that playing any sort of casino games (whether they are games of skill or chance) is illegal if they are hosted at a New Zealand casino. However, as most of the top domains offering live dealer games are based offshore (outside of New Zealand), playing live dealer games in the country at these sites is legal.
Enjoy a Variety of Live Casino Games at New Zealand Casinos
New Zealanders will typically have access to all the most common live dealer games. There is, for instance, no issues getting to grips with live casino games such as roulette, blackjack, and baccarat, and there are a fair few table poker games which can be played as live dealer titles, too.
Selected New Zealand casinos may also offer live dealer games which include Dragon Tiger and Sic Bo, while Indian favourites such as Teen Patti and Andar Bahar are not unheard of. Dream Catcher and other money-wheel games can also be played. You may also notice that a variety of New Zealand’s live casino games have an Asia. The country‘s population tends to like Macao-style rules and an Asia flavour to their live casino titles.
Live Casino Games for New Zealand Players
When playing live dealer casino games in New Zealand, there are a few things you are going to want to keep an eye out for. The live casino games available to New Zealanders are of such a high quality that they can be trusted. Even so, it is worth paying special attention to these things:
- Licensing and Certification: Only play live dealer games which are run by an operator that is licensed and certified as offering fair play gaming. Never play games which seem dubious or come from operators which feature no licensing information.
- Do Not Play Home Games: Any games which are either streamed from New Zealand or are offered at a New Zealand operator should be avoided. Playing these games would be in breach of New Zealand’s gambling laws. Fortunately, few (if any) such games exist.
- Generous Betting Windows: You should only play live casino games which have generous betting windows. The betting windows in most live casino games tend to be short, and that can cause stress. The longer the window is, the more comfortable things will be.
- Fair Table Limits: Some New Zealanders like games which have high table limits. However, most of you will not. Make sure that any live casino game you intend on playing has low table limits if you are a rookie.
While the features above are worth keeping an eye on to ensure that you play the best live casino games that New Zealand casinos have to offer, there are a few other things you should note about live casino games in the country. Let us look at those next.
Key Things to Note About New Zealand’s Live Casino Games
Before you dive headfirst into playing live casino games in New Zealand, it might be worth making a note of the following things. Make sure that you understand them, and you will guarantee yourself that there will be no nasty surprises later down the line. These things include:
- House Edges: House edges tend to vary depending on the game and the variant you are playing. While the house edges will naturally be quite different when we compare live roulette and live blackjack games, you will also note that different blackjack games have varying house edges, and the same is true for roulette variants, and other titles.
- Side-Bets: Side-bets are possible in most, though, not all live dealer casino games at New Zealand betting sites. The general rule is that it is best to avoid side-bets, but if you are feeling adventurous, feel free to wager with the odd side-bet in play. Just make sure that you understand how they work first.
- Adjustable HD Cameras: While many live dealer casino games feature cameras, this is not the case for all of them. Adjustable HD cameras are very much a nicety, but not a necessity in the world of live casino games. It is very much a case of, use them if you have got them.
- Dealer Communication: It is worth identifying the rules of chatting with the live dealer before you do so. While it is tempting to dive straight in, you should remember to be courteous. Some live casino games will see the dealer speak to you directly, and others use a chat box. You are free to silence the dealer if you want using the appropriate buttons, but this kind of takes away from the live casino experience.
- Mobile-Friendliness: Many of the live casino games from the biggest providers are mobile-friendly. However, the smaller developers of live casino games may not have made being mobile-friendly a key feature. Again, this is something you are going to want to check before you start playing live dealer games.
- Free Play Live Dealer Games: It is not possible to play live dealer casino games for free in New Zealand, nor in any country. Because of this, if you want to get your practice in, you will need to play RNG (random number generator) versions of your favourite games. This will not be a hassle as many top online casinos allow this and make it possible for you to do so.
Once you have found a live casino game and are ready to play, you just need a New Zealand casino to play at. We will come to that in just a moment, but first, let us impart a few top tips which are ideally suited to New Zealanders who are eager to play live casino games online.
Seven Top Tips for Playing Live Casino Games in New Zealand
- No Such Thing as a Guaranteed Win: There is no strategy, tactic or tip which will guarantee you a win. Anybody who claims to have unlocked the secret of live dealer casino games is frankly lying.
- Be Wary of Betting Systems: Some betting systems (such as the Reverse Martingale) can be useful in helping you balance your budget. However, most, such as the famed Martingale System can be disastrous if you go on lengthy losing streaks. It is sometimes better to avoid them entirely.
- Avoid Insurance/Side-Bets: Insurance bets in live blackjack are a mug’s game, so avoid them. You may also be wary of other side-bets, and most have ridiculously high house edges which you are not going to approve of.
- Counting Cards: It is possible to count cards in some live dealer games. Look for games where the automatic shuffle option is not readily used. While this is not impossible to do, the likelihood of you being able to count cards over a long period of time successfully is not high.
- Have a Reliable Connection: A typical RNG game will freeze your bet if you lose your connection. Live dealer games do not do that. Always play with a reliable and robust internet connection.
- Watch Those Betting Windows: Use the autoplay button if you want to stick to the same wagers time after time. The betting windows in live casino games are frustratingly short sometimes, and the autoplay button will help with that.
- Mind Your Ps and Qs: Remember that you are interacting with a real-to-life human dealer here. You cannot go mouthing off, ranting and raving when you lose. Doing so will see you ejected from the game. Be courteous, kind, and polite with your dealer and other players.
Where to Play Live Casino Games in New Zealand
Now that you know what types of games New Zealanders can play, perhaps it is time to get started? On our page, you can find a variety of trusted and reliable New Zealand casinos, all of which offer top quality live dealer games from many of today’s leading providers. All accept the New Zealand dollar currency and are adept at accepting players based in the country. Head over to our casino reviews to start exploring these options, and to enjoy the world of live dealer casino gameplay from the comfort of your home.