Have You Got the Luck of the Irish?
Most of the time, winning on slots requires nothing more than luck. However, there are occasions when a few handy tips, playing the right sort of slot machine, and signing up to a decent casino can make a difference. If you are based in Ireland, you will already be blessed with a plethora of top online casino sites to choose from. How do you go about picking top online slots in Ireland, though?
If this is a question which intrigues you, then you have come to the right place. On this page, we will walk you through the basics of choosing top slots at Irish casinos. We’ll also introduce you to a few of the developers who provide the best games, discuss jackpot prizes, and provide you with more than a few handy hints and tips to help you improve your chances of success. If that all sounds like the perfect introduction to online slots in Ireland to you, read on to find out more.
What Online Slots Can I Play in Ireland?
The question should be “what online slots can I play in Ireland?”. Instead, the question ought to be, “what slots can’t I play in Ireland?”. Ireland has flexible and friendly online gambling laws, and this allows most major software providers to offer Irish online casinos all their absolute best games. You do not need to venture far and wide to find agreeable slots, with many (including the best in the business) ready and waiting for you.
Provided an online casino software provider is licensed out of a jurisdiction or by a licensing authority and body which Ireland recognises; you will have no trouble finding that developer’s games at an Irish online casino.
Generally speaking, you can expect to find these games in top Irish casinos:
- 3D and mobile slots
- Classic slots and fruit machines
- Mobile-friendly slots
- Video slots
- Jackpot slots and more
Who Develops Slots for Irish Online Casinos?
As mentioned, most of the major providers dish out games to players at Irish online casinos. You should easily be able to find virtually all the main and popular title. Of course, the exact games you can play really does depend on the software provider which is offering games at the casino. Not every Irish casino will carry games from each provider. However, most of the better sites (which you can find at this page) will carry games from leading and established developers which include:
- Pragmatic Play
- BetSoft Gaming
- Play ‘n Go
- Yggdrasil Gaming
- Red Tiger Gaming
- Barcrest, WMS Gaming and other Scientific Games brands
- Blueprint Gaming
- NextGen Gaming
- Thunderkick and more
It is not uncommon to see several hundred online casino games supported at Irish online casinos, and most of them will be online slots. These games will come from a combination of the developers listed above, as well as many more slot providers.
How Do Jackpot Slots Work in Irish Casinos?
Everybody wants to get their hands on a jackpot when playing slots. Some of these prizes can be worth many millions of euros. How do they work and how can you walk away with a life-changing sum of money? Here is a brief guide which details what you need to know about the many different jackpot slots you can find online.
- Progressive Jackpots: Progressive jackpot slots get their name because their top prize is always rising – it is progressive. They are uncapped, with each new bet increasing the value of the pot. Their top prize can be won by any player at any casino featuring the game in question. After it is won, it will reset to a base value before rising again.
- Non-Progressive Jackpots: By contrast, non-progressive jackpot slots have fixed prizes. The amount you can win here remains the same, all the time. Once the prize is won, another player can win the same amount literally seconds later. The available prize is determined by the size of your stake.
- Community Jackpots: These are progressive, but they work a little differently. Instead of one player scooping the entire prize, a winner will scoop “most” of the jackpot. The rest of the slot’s jackpot will be distributed between players who happen to be trying their hand at the slot at the same time, and/or those who were recently playing the game.
- Must Win/Daily Drop Jackpots: Must Win, Must Drop or Daily Drop Jackpots are a relatively new concept. These prizes are fixed on timers. They are always won at random and are guaranteed to pay out before the expiration date which is displayed. Naturally, if a jackpot has not been won and there is not much time left on the clock, these games are a very appealing prospect to play.
The Most Played Slot Games in Ireland
What kinds of slots do Irish players like to have a crack at? In all honesty, it varies from person to person. However, certain slots have been proven to be more popular than others, and as such, they appear in the lobbies of many Irish casinos. Here is a quick look at the most popular types of slots amongst Irish players…
- Irish Luck-Themed Slots: It might seem odd that Irish players would like to play Irish luck-themed slots, but they do. Games which feature Guinness, clovers and shamrocks, leprechauns, horseshoes, and pots of gold are all popular with players in the Emerald Isle.
- Sports Slots: Sports-themed slots are also popular with players in Ireland, in particular those which are based on horse racing. There are also a few internet slots which are licensed by Ronnie O’Sullivan, and the popular Irish snooker player’s titles are popular with Irish players, too.
- Jackpot Slots: Who does not love a jackpot slot? The Irish certainly do. Progressive jackpot slots from all the main providers regularly feature in Irish online casinos, and they are always popular, primarily on account of the prizes they dish out.
- MegaWays Games: Playing MegaWays games is all the rage everywhere across Europe, and Ireland is no different. Originally devised by Big Time Gaming, MegaWays games can now be found in the portfolios of many providers and are popular at most Irish online casino sites.
- Branded Slots: Branded slots have their following at Irish casinos, too. These online slots are licensed and typically feature big brands, such as Hollywood movies, video games, sports teams, and celebrities as their theme. They usually come with a host of special features to boot.
Now that you know a bit about what is popular in Ireland, perhaps it is time to start spinning those reels? On the other hand, it helps if you take on board a bit of advice before you start playing.
Top Tips to Play Online Slots in Ireland
Before signing up to a casino to play online slots in Ireland, you would do well to learn a bit more about slots. We have played these games for years and come up with a few handy hints and tips which should help you become a better slots player. Our advice includes…
- Aim for High RTP Rates You should aim to play slot machines which have a high RTP rate. The return to player rate of slots can be found via the game’s paytable, or in our slot reviews. The higher the RTP rate, the more of each stake the casino pays back to players.
- Pick the Right Volatility Level: Highly volatile games pay out infrequently but do deliver massive wins. By contrast, low variance games offer regular wins, but with smaller prizes available. Try and pick the game which best suits your needs.
- Count the Number of Symbols: The more symbols there are on the reels, the less likely you are to land winning combinations regularly. Try and pick games with fewer symbols to improve your win rate.
- Beware of Buy-a-Bonus Modes: While it is tempting to pay for instant access to a bonus, some software providers lower the RTP rate of games or drop the number of features a game carries to offer this feature deliberately. Personally, we would avoid them all.
- Play for Free: Test drive any slot you are considering playing for free. Use our pages or head to a software provider’s page to play free slot demos. This will help you understand and get an idea about the slot you intend to play.
- Study How the Jackpot is Won: Some jackpot games only payout if you land winning icons on a specific payline. Some trigger the jackpots at random. It is easier to win a randomly triggered jackpot prize (as there are often several) than a jackpot which must be won on a specific payline.
- Look for Value for Money: Always weigh up the prize to stake ratio. You should look for value for money in Irish online slots. If the prizes in a 20-line game are the same as in a 243 ways to win slot, and the stakes are €0.20 and €0.30 a spin, respectively, it is easy to spot the game which clearly offers value for money.
Where to Find Top Irish Online Slots
Armed with this new knowledge, perhaps it is time to start spinning the reels at online casinos today? Where will you begin? We host a variety of recommended Irish online casinos for you to check out. Each is licensed and legally permitted to offer top online slots to Irish players. Head to our casino reviews section to find a variety of these recommended casinos to play your favourite slots at today.