Kenneth Strauss, 45, was indicted in a district court on a terrorism charge after he posted threats to Las Vegas casinos on his Twitter account.
The poker player wrote:
“And all the casinos that have been banned will be destroyed with immediate effect.”
After the threats, Strauss was arrested at 4 p.m. July 27 at the Trump International Hotel where he tried to register. The hotel management notified the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department about the search of a suspicious person.
According to the police report of the arrest, the man accused of threatening to destroy the Venetian had previously been expelled from another hotel in Las Vegas for trying to attract a child in the pool.
On July 27, the security of the Red Rock Resort casino hotel delivered a security report to the police, dated July 24 in which he realizes the interaction where Kenneth Strauss is allegedly involved, reviewed the arrest report.
Strauss told Trump International Hotel staff that he needed a place to stay because he had been kicked out of Red Rock. The man’s statement caused concern to the reception staff, however he was allowed to check in.
The poker player was interrogated by the police in his room at the Red Rock hotel, before being expelled. Strauss told police he just wanted to chat with the boy because he thought he recognized when he lived in Pittsburgh.
The arrest report indicates that Strauss approached the boy to give him his room number so that the boy and his parents would later meet him.
Almost a month after his arrest, Kenneth Strauss received a bail order for $ 150,000 on August 29 for a charge of making threats or transmitting false information about acts of terrorism, according to court records.