The MLB trade deadline is set to be on 31st July. Most teams are going to compete for the limited resources before the deadline. Here are ten teams that ought to make the right move before the deadline.
1. Houston Astros need to acquire another starter. Although the Astros are the best in the AL West, they still need to upgrade to match the likes of Yankees. Also, some of their players are eager for reinforcements.
2. Atlanta Braves are in search of rotation depth. Although they have Mike Soroka, it’s difficult to rely on him given that he is still a rookie. Braves led the NL East and can make it to the playoff. To do so, they need to add a top pitcher.
3. Philadelphia Phillies are in a desperate need of a reliable pitcher. Their rotation has been in turmoil, if they decide to go for a top-flight starter, that won’t be enough. If they still wish to make it to the playoff; they have to upgrade.
4. Chicago Cubs are in dire need of a late-inning lefty. They need more bullpen help which they have been lacking since shipping Mike Montgomery to Kansas City.
5. Cleveland Indians lacks financial means. If they need to get MLB ready players, they have to sacrifice some pitchesr to get a hitter. Standing pat doesn’t seem an option to them.
6. Minnesota Twins are the favorite to win AL Central. However, how they get beyond that will depend on how they trade. Twins are eyeing for a starter or quality relief arm which they could use to compete for the championship.
7. Washington Nationals has an issue with the bullpen. They have an outstanding rotation and their offense scores enough. They are however desperate for a reliable relief arm, and if they don’t get one, they will be at risk.
8. Milwaukee Brewers need pitching help. The Brewers know this and are linked to one of the best relievers on the market to solidify their shaken bullpen. The move will be of benefit for the future run despite the cost to be incurred.
9. Boston Red Sox need a starter. Their bullpen also needs reinforcement; their farm system is not reliable as it used to be.
10. New York Yankees are excellent in all areas. They got the best record in the American League. Despite having reliable hands, they still lack that one October ace. They need that one person who could make them favorite every time he gets the ball.